What is the free appraisal?
How long does the free appraisal go for?
What kind of questions should I expect in the free appraisal?
Every appraisal we conduct is different and the questions we ask vary depending on the client's circumstances. Some of the most common questions we ask are included below:
- Are you considering contesting, challenging, disputing or defending a Will?
- When did the deceased die? (date of death - time limits)
- Is the deceased estate comprised of assets mostly located in NSW?
- Do you know the approximate value of the Estate and the assets within?
- What is your relationship to the deceased? (eligibility)
- What was the nature and duration of your relationship with the deceased?
- Did the deceased leave a Will? If so, do you have a copy of the Will?
- If there was a Will, do you know who the Executor is?
- Do you know if Probate has been granted? If so, when?
- If there was a Will, do you know if you are a beneficiary?
- Have you already received provision? If so, how much?
- Do you know of any other beneficiaries and potential competing claims?
- What is your current financial standing and earning capacity?
When will I be called for the free appraisal?
After you have contacted us, a member of our Contested Wills & Estates Team will call you back within 24 hours of receiving your enquiry (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) to conduct the free appraisal. If you would like the free appraisal to occur at a specific time you can notify us and we'll do our best to ensure we call you at a designated time.
If I have a good claim, what happens after the free appraisal?
Regardless of whether you qualify for a 'No Win, No Fee' agreement, we will present you with our "Client Services Agreement" (CSA). This is a formal written document which thoroughly explains exactly how legal fees are calculated and provides you with an indication of the costs involved in contesting a Will or challenging a Will.
After you have signed our CSA, we'll proceed to the third step in our 6-step process.
How do I get a free appraisal?
Contact us now by filling out our enquiry form or calling us directly or send us a message using the contact form at the bottom of this page.